Mergers & Acquisitions
Experience in High-Stakes Mergers and Acquisitions
Parsons’ business acquisition and sales and mergers practice spans the globe.
Parsons Behle & Latimer’s attorneys have handled thousands of business transactions involving the sale, purchase, and merger of companies, both nationally and internationally. These transactions have ranged in value from a few hundred thousand dollars to hundreds of millions of dollars and range from the sale of a strategic asset to the sale of a branch, division, or subsidiary and to the sale of an entire business. The geographic scope of our services includes the United States, Canada, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and the South Pacific. Because of the complexity of many of these transactions, the attorneys in the Corporate Transactions and Securities Group frequently work with other Parsons attorneys who specialize in other practice areas such as intellectual property, natural resources, employment, and environmental law.
In our mergers and acquisitions practice, we work with clients to identify their requirements and objectives and then work to help them achieve those goals. As part of this practice, we regularly advise clients on:
- Transaction structure (including stock versus asset, nature of purchaser, complete divestiture, purchase price calculations and adjustment)
- Term sheet development
- Income tax implications
- Transition and integration issues
- Due diligence assistance, including reviewing documents and setting up virtual data rooms to assist the process
- Indemnification and allocation of risk issues
- Transfer and regulatory issues (including transferring necessary consents and licenses)
- Environmental matters
- Intellectual property diligence and protection
- Other issues that must be considered in mergers and acquisition transactions