Corporate Restructuring & Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
Knowledgeable and Professional Bankruptcy Attorneys
Our Corporate Restructuring and Chapter 11 Bankruptcy practice group has provided client services nationally.
United States bankruptcy courts are rapidly becoming the preeminent forum for businesses to restructure their obligations, resolve contentious litigation, wind down businesses, and purchase or sell their assets. Although the bankruptcy process may have certain advantages over private transactions, including finality, speed, and the breathing space of the automatic stay, bankruptcy courts are complex, rule-driven, and counterintuitive for the uninitiated. Because of these complexities, any party entering the chapter 11 arena is well advised to have an attorney with experience in and knowledge of complex bankruptcy proceedings.
Parsons Behle & Latimer’s Corporate Restructuring and Chapter 11 Bankruptcy practice group has the experience and resources to navigate the complex world of corporate restructuring and workouts. If you or a party with whom you are engaged is contemplating restructuring or is in a chapter 11 case, we can advise you how best to achieve your goals, reorganize or restructure your business or relationships, and protect your rights and property.
Parsons Behle & Latimer’s Corporate Restructuring and Chapter 11 Bankruptcy practice group is comprised of experienced commercial and bankruptcy litigators with experience representing official and ad hoc creditor committees, debtors, trustees, and targets of trustees’ actions. Our attorneys have represented parties in numerous nationally prominent and hotly contested bankruptcy matters, including the following:
- Yellowstone Mountain Club
- Washington Mutual, Inc.
- Imperial Capital Bancorp, Inc.
- Nortel Networks, Inc.
- General Growth Properties, Inc.
- Lehman Bros., Inc.
- Tribune Co.
- AMR Corporation (American Airlines)
- Spectrum Brands, Inc.
- Apex Oil
- Promontory Club
- Infinia, Inc.
Parsons Behle & Latimer’s Corporate Restructuring and Chapter 11 Bankruptcy practice group has advised clients in the following situations:
- Assisting financially distressed business debtors use chapter 11 bankruptcy to restructure their obligations
- Assisting secured creditors in chapter 11 cases to obtain releases of their collateral or repayment of their debt in a bankruptcy proceeding, including in the context of contested plans of reorganization
- Advising official and ad hoc committees of unsecured creditors in chapter 11 cases, including providing litigation services in prosecuting preference and fraudulent conveyance claims of the bankruptcy estate
- Counselling lenders whose borrowers are encountering financial problems requiring debt restructuring, debt consolidation, or alternative financing arrangements
- Advising pre-distress lenders regarding documentation of the relationship with their borrowers to limit risk exposure should the borrower’s financial condition deteriorate
- Assisting clients in the acquisition of assets from insolvent enterprises and bankruptcy trustees
- Representing lenders in state court collection actions, suits on promissory notes, foreclosure actions, and other creditor remedy proceedings
- Representing creditors and other parties in bankruptcy cases pending in the federal courts